We are a Reformed Baptist church that fully subscribes to the Second London Baptist Confession of Faith (1677/1689).
A Summary of Our Beliefs
Historically called Particular Baptists, our doctrine, piety, and practice may be summarized under the following distinctives:
- Christian: We believe the essentials of the historic Christian faith as articulated in the historic ecumenical creeds.
- Covenantal: We believe that God relates to humanity, reveals His will, and saves His people by way of covenant.
- Calvinistic: We believe that sin totally affects every part of all men, the Father unconditionally elects a people to be saved, the Son fully atoned for the sins of that same people on the cross, the Holy Spirit irresistably draws that same people to saving faith and repentance, and this redeemed people persevere to the end.
- Puritan: We believe in the sufficiency of Scripture, worshiping the triune God only as He commands, and pursuing doctrinal maturity, heartfelt love, and godly living.
- Baptistic: We believe in believer's baptism by immersion alone, elder-ruled congregationalism, the independence of the local church, and formally associating with other like-minded churches.
- Confessional: We believe that the best way for a church to maintain unity and doctrinal purity is through its officers fully subscribing to a detailed statement of faith and its members agreeing to not be divisive over its teaching.